Homemade Tartar Sauce
Living tiny doesn’t leave a lot of room for specialized products, particularly if they need refrigeration. When I lived in a sticks and bricks house, it wasn’t a big deal to have a random bottle of dijon mustard sit on a back shelf for months. But living with a cooler or small RV refrigerator, there simply isn’t space for something without an immediate value. So, while it doesn’t make sense for me to buy a bottle of tartar sauce, the ingredients are simple and common enough for me to make my own. Here is my simple, easy, homemade tartar sauce recipe.
Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, relish, onion, juice, salt, and pepper.
- Keep mixture refrigerated until ready to serve